PS3 or PlayStation 3 is probably the major milestone when it comes to the PlayStation games that you may have used so far. One of the most capable ecosystems in the realm of PlayStation network, it created a huge base for the subsequent launch of PS4 and set out the place for the future game-centric interface. However, with the PS4 phasing out the PS3, it has become a little challenging to find the headphones that work with the PS3. How would you connect your headphones to PS3? Let us check out a few good options to help you out in your venture.
How to Use Headphones with PS3?
There are a few options available for connecting headphones to PS3, and we are going to analyze some of them here. We will discuss the concepts based on the plug available on your headphones.
#1 If Your Headphones Come With a 3.5 mm Audio Jack
Here are the steps –
- Plug the red and white jacks of your PS3
- Connect the other end of the AV cable to the audio converter. You can go with a good quality audio converter for your needs.
- Connect the HDMI cable to the rear of your PS3
- Plug in the other end of your HDMI cable to your TV or monitor.
- Plug in the headphone jack to the other end of your audio converter.
- Switch on your PS3 and go to the Audio Settings.
- Go to the Audio Output/ SCART/AV Multi from the settings.
- Now go back to Video Settings and choose video connection type as HDMI
- Now check if your headphones are working for chat and gaming
#2 If Your Headphones have a USB Jack
Please note that all USB enabled headphones would work with your PS3.
Follow the steps –
- Plug in the USB jack on your headphone to the USB port on the front of your PS3 console
- Switch on your PS3 console and launch your Settings
- Choose Accessory Settings
- Choose Audio Device Settings
- Change both the input device and the output device. Change it to your Headphone name.
- Click OK once you have made the changes.
Once done, test if the microphone levels work as they are supposed to.
These were the methods that cover your connectivity using the physical connection on your headphones. However, who is using those conventional headphones anymore? If you are looking for ways to connect your Bluetooth headphones to your PS3 console, follow the below steps.
Pair Your Bluetooth headphone to Your PS3
Check out the following steps to pair your new Bluetooth headphone–
- On your PS3 console, go to Settings -> Accessory Settings
- Choose Manage Bluetooth devices option from the choices.
- If you have already paired a Bluetooth device with your PS3, they will appear in the list.
- Choose the option Pair New Device to register a new device
- If no device has been registered, you will get an alert stating that The Bluetooth® device has not been registered. Do you want to register?
- Choose Yes and continue
- Please note that you would be able to register one Bluetooth headphone at one time. If you have already registered a Bluetooth headphone, and want to pair a new one, unregister the previous one.
- You should now find an option – To register (pair), you will need to prepare the Bluetooth® device. For information on preparing the device, refer to the instructions supplied with the Bluetooth® device.
- Ensure that your Bluetooth headphone is in the Pair mode. The exact procedure you need to follow for placing your headphone in the Pair Mode would be available in your headphone document.
- Press the button for scanning on your PS3 console
- The console will now begin scanning for the Bluetooth headphones so ensure that your headphone is within the range.
- Once the scan is complete, your Bluetooth headphone should be available in the list of devices found.
- In some cases, you may need to enter the passcode to ensure a secure connection between your PS3 and Bluetooth headphone.
- The default passcode usually is 0000 or 1234. If your Bluetooth Headphone has any specific passcode, you will have to consult your documentation to find the same.
- Once the pairing is completed successfully, you should find a confirmation message.
Configure Your Bluetooth headphone on Your PS3
That would only complete pairing your headphones to your PS3. Once the pairing is done successfully, you will need to configure your headphone to let it function as has been intended to.
Here are the steps to achieve it –
- Go to Settings on your PS3 console
- Locate Audio Settings -> Audio Device Settings
- Highlight the Input Device and confirm
- You will need to configure your input device here. Scroll through the list and choose your Bluetooth headphone from the available devices.
- This will enable you to listen to the voices of other players through your Bluetooth headphone
- Next, do the same for your Output device
Confirm the device has been configured properly, you should be able to do it by speaking into the device and check if it responds.
How to Choose the Suitable Bluetooth headphones?
Well, if you want to use your Bluetooth headphones with your PS3 console, you will need to pay attention to the quality of your Bluetooth headphone. There are a few factors that you should pay attention to…
- Comfortability – PS3 is all about spending hours together on your games and chats. If you are using your Bluetooth headphones for hours together, the comfortability is what you would need to consider so ensure that the headphones you have chosen are designed for comfortability for prolonged hours.
- Audio Quality – Pay attention to both incoming and outgoing audio quality for effective performance and musical experience with your gaming sessions. Also, Bass should be such that you will not find your music quality degraded or compromised.
You can read more about headphones at thetechWired.
The Concluding Thoughts
Well, that was all we have with respect to the best experience in connecting your headphones with your PS3 console. We assume we have been able to cover all the major areas that you would need to pay attention to.
If you are aware of any other areas that we need to know about, do share your inputs so that we can update the post to help others as well.