In this guide, we will tell you how you can easily debloat your Huawei or Honor device by removing unnecessary system apps. No root needed.
I am pretty sure that you must have heard of EMUI if you are a tech geek. EMUI or Emotion UI is the custom skin built on top of Android used by Huawei and Honor in their phones. It is one of the heaviest skins out there for Android alongside Xiaomi’s MIUI, Samsung’s Samsung Experience, Vivo’s Funtouch OS and Oppo’s Color OS. Though it is quite heavy, Huawei seems to push it hard as we do not see Huawei radically redesigning their UI or launching an Android One device. Like most of the skins developed by a Chinese OEM, EMUI is quite different from stock Android and packs in quite a lot of bloatware. These bloats seem like they do not hinder your day to day work but in reality, they take up space from your device’s storage and sometimes work in the background as well feeding on your internet connection and RAM storage eventually slowing down your device. The issue of bloatware is very prominent on low-end phones which does not have the high processing power and/or good ram management with low storage options like the flagships and tend to slow down very quickly.
If you are someone who is having similar problems with your Huawei or Honor devices, here is a guide how to debloat your phone from all those unnecessary bloats.
- Make sure to take a complete backup of your device before proceeding. Guide: Guide to Backup Android Device Without Root
- If you’re using Windows, make sure you have installed the necessary USB drivers for your device.
- Make sure you have latest ADB and Fastboot tool installed on your Mac/Windows/Linux.
- Enable USB Debugging in Developer Options.
Steps To Debloat Your EMUI Screen
- Figure out the package names of the app you want to remove. Download and Install App Inspector by UBQSoft from the Google Play Store to assist you to get the package names of all the apps you want to remove.
- Connect your phone to your PC using a data cable and make sure to choose MTP File Transfer option.
- Now, open the folder where ADB and Fastboot tools are installed on your PC and run the Command Window there. Search cmd to launch Command Window if you are unable to find it.
- Type the following command to check if your device is detected by your PC: adb devices. If detected, this command must return your phone’s serial number. If your device is not detected, ensure that you have connected your device to your PC properly.
- Once detected, type the following command: adb shell.
- To remove an app, type the following command: pm uninstall –k —user 0 <****>. Make sure to replace **** with the name of the package of the app which you want to remove. Once removed, you will get a confirmation message. Repeat this message for every app’s package which you want to remove.
For a recommended app’s package which you can remove without causing any problem to your device, read the article till the end.
Recommended System Apps And Packages That Can Be Removed
- com.android.backupconfirm – Backup app.
- com.android.magicsmoke – Wallpaper.
- com.android.noisefield – Wallpaper.
- com.android.phasebeam – Wallpaper.
- com.huawei.phoneservice – HiCare app.
- com.huawei.mirror – Huawei Mirror app.
- com.android.apps.tag – No information regarding this package but does not affect the system when removed.
- com.android.exchange and com.android.email – If you do not use any other app except Gmail to manage your emails, it is safe to be removed.
- com.hisi.mapcon – If you do not use Wifi Calling, it is safe to be removed.
- com.android.mediacenter – EMUI music app.
- com.swiftkey.swiftkeyconfigurator and com.touchtype.swiftkey – If you do not use SwiftKey keyboard which happens to be the stock keyboard on Huawei and Honor phones, it is safe to be removed.
- com.example.android.notepad – Stock Notepad app.
- com.huawei.android.totemweather – Huawei Weather app.
- com.huawei.vassistant – HiVoice app.
Follow this link for a complete list of app packages that comes bundled in with Huawei or Honor phones: XDA
Note: All of these packages might not be present on your device. If you try to uninstall any package which is not present in your phone, you will get this message: Failure [not installed for 0].
Congratulations! You just debloated your Huawei or Honor phone from all the unnecessary preinstalled apps.
No root or any special steps needed. Just a few easy steps and you get rid off all the unnecessary bloat from your phone.
This is one of the easiest ways to debloat your Huawei or Honor phones from all the unnecessary apps without root. I hope this article works the way it is intended to be. Let us know about your experience trying out the methods mentioned in this article in the comments section down below. In case I missed mentioning anything or if there is some topic which you want me to cover, please let me know in the comments section down below.