Google has been instrumental in making Android better with each passing day for the last decade. For a long time, Google’s contribution to the Android space has been at the software front. That changed when Google announced the Nexus line-up of devices. Google Nexus line-up may not be the best selling Android devices but they had quite a bit of fan following. They were very moderately priced and came with good specs. Added to that they shipped with Stock Android. After a few generations, Nexus line-up was succeeded by Google Pixel line-up which is targeted at a more premium audience (read ‘expensive‘). One thing that has always been the main feature of the Pixel line-up is the camera software it shipped with. That is where all the Google Pixel Camera frenzy started.
Even though Xiaomi Mi Mix comes with decent camera hardware, you can it to the next level by installing Google Camera Port for Xiaomi Mi Mix!
Unlike other OEMs, Google’s camera magic lies in the software. With decent hardware, Google Camera would be able to deliver spectacular photos. Google proved that with better software processing algorithms, their phones with a single rear camera can outperform phones with multiple cameras on the rear. If you happen to own a Xiaomi Mi Mix and want a similar level of image processing, here is how you can achieve that.
If you are looking for Google Camera APK for any other Android device, visit the below page to view the complete collection of available APK files for supported Android devices.
Google Camera Port For Xiaomi Mi Mix
The Developers over at the XDA have managed to bring Google Camera from the Google Pixel devices with the HDR+ algorithm and other Google Camera enhancements to Xiaomi Mi Mix. The ports pack in the following features:
- Portrait Mode
- HDR+ Mode
- Lens Blur
- Google Lens
- Video Capture
- Night Shift
Download Google Camera APK For Xiaomi Mi Mix
If the Google Camera does not work after installation, be sure to read the ‘Google Camera Not Working?‘ section in this article.
Download the latest version of Google Camera port for Xiaomi Mi Mix by clicking below:Download Xiaomi Mi Mix Google Camera APK
Steps To Install Google Camera on Xiaomi Mi Mix
- Download the Google Camera APK file.
- Copy/Move the downloaded file to your phone.
- Open a file manager of your choice and navigate to the copied file.
- Tap on the file to install it as normal APK.
And you are done.
Google Camera Not Working?
So, you have installed the APK file from the above link and when you try to open it, it is not working? No problem, we have got you covered.
- Check Camera2API support: Google Camera needs Camera2API support on your device to work properly. How to check if your phone has Camer2API support? Follow this guide: Does My Phone Support Android’s Camera2 API? Find Out.
- Enable Camera2API support: If your phone does not have it by default, you can enable the same by flashing a zip file via recovery. Do note that you need a custom recovery like TWRP on your device for this step. Download the and flash this zip file via TWRP: Camera2API-Enabler.zip
These APKs don’t require any additional configuration, but, on top of the usual options (camera sounds, video resolution, etc) there are a few things you can change (explore the settings menu!):
- HDR+ parameters: “Default” is enough for most people. Higher settings may produce better photos, especially in hard conditions, but it takes more time to process.
- HDR+ image quality: Change the jpg compression (a lower value results in smaller files, but the quality is worse).
- HDR+ RAW+JPG: Save RAW files.
- Correction of auto-exposure HDR or Auto-Exposure: Controls shutter speed, not 100% stable. Works better in low light and with HDR enhanced enabled.
- HDR+ enhanced for portrait mode: Slower, but better portrait photos.
- Disable zoom in portrait mode: By default, it zooms in a bit.
- Use Nexus6P model: Photos with better details/sharpness (and noisier).
- Since slow motion doesn’t work on Oreo, you can hide the option from the menu:
Settings > Advanced > Fix Camera API2 > “Disable video slow motion”
Android Oreo users: if you can’t see your photos from inside Google Camera, go to “Debugging and tools”, uncheck “camera.use_photos” and restart the app.
Options/options names can be changed/removed depending on the version.
If you are facing issues and need help with troubleshooting/fixing the issues, visit the following page:
I hope this article works the way it is intended to be. Let us know about your experience trying out the methods mentioned in this article in the comments section down below. In case I missed mentioning anything or if there is some topic which you want me to cover, please let me know in the comments section down below.
Need help? Got more tips? Do let us know in the comments below!