Android has come a long way as an operating system and also an ecosystem. A lot has changed in the way Android looks and feels but the improvements do not stop there. There have been tons of new features and improvements to Android in recent years. It would not be an over statements to say that Android is inching closer to closing the gap between desktops and smartphones.
Google, the maker of Android, also happens to make some solid Android devices as well – Google Pixel. After the modestly priced Nexus line, Pixel is the go-to choice for anyone looking to experience Android the way Google intended it to be. While they may not sell very well like Samsung phones or other Android OEM phones, they do have a decent amount of fan following. Also, Google Pixel devices come with Stock Android and a few other hand-picked pixel-exclusive features to make the experience even better.
Android phones have also grown stronger in the hardware department as well. There was a time when a 5 Mega Pixel camera was considered ‘wonderful’ and now we have triple cameras. Even entry-level/mid-range Android devices come with dual and triple camera setup! While everyone else is marching towards increasing the number of camera sensors on their device, Google has been doing wonders with a single camera module.
If you are looking for Google Camera APK for any other Android device, visit the below page to view the complete collection of available APK files for supported Android devices.
Unlike other manufacturers, Google relies on software for delivering stunning pictures. Google’s software game is so good that a lot of devices with triple cameras cannot take photos that would even come anywhere near photos that were taken on a Google Pixel device. Now, since the Google Camera Magic lies in the software, aka APK files, they can be ported to other Android devices too. Don’t get me wrong, Asus Zenfone 6 comes with some amazing pair of cameras. But with Google Camera Port for Zenfone 7, they can click even better pictures!
- Google Camera Port for Asus Zenfone 6
- Asus Zenfone 6 GCam Samples | Stock Camera vs. Google Camera
- Download Asus Zenfone 6 Google Camera Port
- Install Google Camera Port on Asus Zenfone 6
Google Camera Port for Asus Zenfone 6
Google Camera Port (GCam) is available for many Android devices out there. Our beloved developers have been working tirelessly to bring the best Google Camera experience to all the Android devices.
While it is true that the Google Camera Port is available for many devices, it doesn’t mean it’s available for all of them. A lot of fo devices are still waiting for GCam support. Luckily, Asus Zenfone 6 Google Camera Port has arrived way sooner than many other devices.
Please note that the stock camera app that comes pre-installed with the device is in no way a bad one. Honestly, it is one of the phones which take good quality pictures out there, if not great. With the back camera also acting as the selfie camera, you are going to take some awesome selfies too! But it is a known fact that Google Camera app is insanely good and it will almost outperform the stock camera performance 9 times out of 10. Don’t believe me? Here’s a comparison between photos taken on the stock camera app and the Google Camera App.
Asus Zenfone 6 GCam Samples | Stock Camera vs. Google Camera
Left: Asus Camera. Right: Google Camera.
If you want to take a closer look at the images with detail, simply click and open them in full resolution.
If you look at the images above, you would be easily able to tell how good the Google Camera App is. Especially, if you look at the blue skies, the difference is night and day. Also, in low-light situations, the Google Camera App performs insanely better than the stock Asus Camera App.
Download Asus Zenfone 6 Google Camera Port
For All Devices (including non-rooted):
For Rooted Devices Only:
Don’t forget to read the installation instructions in the next section!
Install Google Camera Port on Asus Zenfone 6
We have the installation instructions for both the root and non-rooted devices.
For All Devices (including Non-rooted)
As we have already said, this Google Camera Port does not need your Asus Zenfone 6 to be rooted. But, there is one small extra step needed after you install the GCam – loading the proper settings for Asus Zenfone 6 via an XML file. We have explained everything in the step by step guide below:
- Download both the Google Camera APK file and also the Google Camera APK Config file from the downloads section above.
- Move or copy both the files to your device.
- Open a file manager of your choice and inside it create a folder named ‘GCam’ [Must be the exact same. Uppercase/lowercase and everything or else this won’t work].
- Inside the above ‘GCam’ folder, create another folder called ‘Configs’.
- Now, move the XML file inside the Configs folder.
- It’s time to install the Google Camera APK file. Go to the folder where you have copied it before and simply tap on it. Install it like any other APK file.
- After the installation completes, open the Google Camera and grant all the required permissions.
- Double Tap the black area next to the shutter button and you will get a popup called ‘Choose config’. Simply tap on ‘RESTORE‘. Note: The XML file name in the below image is simply for reference.
For Rooted Devices:
A few things to keep in mind…
- You will only need the Root Version GCam (Version 6.2 in the above downloads section) if you are planning to use the Wide Angle Lens. Else, you should be fine with the Non-root version.
- The root version GCam does not need any XML files.
- Download the APK File.
- Copy it to your device.
- Open a file manager of your choice and install the APK file just like you would install any other APK.
- Open Google Camera App.
- Go to Settings > Option HDR+ and enter the below values:
- RAW Format = RAW10
- Image Format = YUV_420_888
- Restart the app.
Now you are all set to click some jaw-dropping pictures with your Asus Zeonfone 6. The XML file you just used is nothing but a bunch of pre-defined configurations/settings for the Google Camera App to work properly on your device. Since the settings part is taken care of, you can jump ahead to shooting awesome pictures with your device!
This is the easiest way to download and install Google Camera Port (GCam) on Asus Zenfone 6. We are absolutely sure that the photos taken with Google Camera would be remarkably better than the ones taken with Stock Asus camera app.
If you happen to come across any difficulties with installing the Asus Zenfone 6 GCam or having a hard time with configuring it, do let us know in the comments below. Also, don’t forget to tell us what you think about the quality of pictures taken with the Google Camera App!