Google and OEMs are constantly innovating new ways to increase battery life on Android devices through software optimization. While some OEMs have been doing this by themselves until a while ago, Google introduced the Adaptive Battery mode starting with Android Pie. Adaptive Battery learns your usage pattern and tries to optimize your device to provide the best possible battery life for you. This sometimes causes the apps that we use in the background to foreclose. What happens is that Adaptive Battery thinks that a particular app is running unnecessarily in the background and force closes it.
Because of this reason, we have seen a lot of users complaint that streaming services such as Spotify, Apple Music, Youtube get closed automatically by the Galaxy Note 10 while they are minimized and running in the background.
There are two different ways to minimize the chances of these apps getting closed in the background and we have detailed them both in the below guide.
Stop the Galaxy Note 10 from Force Closing by disabling Adaptive Battery
- Open Settings.
- Tap on Device Care.
- Tap on the Battery icon at the bottom left corner.
- Tap on the three-dot icon at the top right corner and tap on Settings.
- Here, look for and turn-off the below two options:
- Go back one step and in the main screen of the Battery settings, you will see an option called ‘Power mode‘. Tap on it and select the option you would like to.
- Note: High-performance mode will provide the best outputs but battery life will take a hit.
Stop the Galaxy Note 10 from Force Closing by Configuring App Settings
- Go to Settings.
- Tap on Apps.
- Tap on the three-dot menu at the top right corner and click on Special access.
- In the next screen, click on the option called ‘Optimize battery usage‘.
- Change the drop-down to ‘All‘.
- Look for the app with which you are facing trouble and disable the button next to it.
About Performance and Battery life
Please note that when you change the ‘Power mode’ to ‘High performance’ or when you remove too many apps from battery optimization, then you will notice your battery life taking a hit. These settings are essentially a trade-off between performance and battery life. You can have any one of them but not both! Proceed with caution.
These are the easiest ways to stop Galaxy devices from force stopping apps such as Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube Music in the background.