WhatsApp is probably the most used Android application on the planet. Almost anyone with a smartphone will have WhatsApp installed on. To say that WhatsApp has completely changed the way people communicate via text would not be an exaggeration. Despite all the features, there is one thing the company has to improve – migrating WhatsApp data between devices. If you are looking for a way to transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone or between Android to Android, this guide is exactly what you are looking for.
WhatsApp and New Phones – A Sad Love Story
Whenever I buy a new phone, the first thing that I am going to do is making sure that all my data from my old phone is moved safely to the new phone. Over time, it has become easier for us to migrate our data such as music, videos, and other data, from our old device to a new device. It is surprising that manufacturers do not provide an official way to easily transfer data between iOS, Android & Windows Phone. There are some tools available and all these tools do is move user data such as music, videos, files, etc. But most tools do not move the app data. If the transfer is between Android to Android, they are a few tools that take care of this but not really in a good way. And if it is cross-platform such as Android to iPhone, app data transfer is simply not possible.
WhatsApp transfer comes under this category. This is the one place where I really wish WhatsApp improved. Even if you want to transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone, there is no official way to do it efficiently. Sure, WhatsApp provides an option to backup your WhatsApp data to Google cloud but that future seems like it needs a lot of improvement honestly.
Aside from cross-platform migration, even transferring WhatsApp data between Android to Android is quite tedious. I am someone who frequently changes mobile devices and trust me WhatsApp transfer is a nightmare.
Transfer WhatsApp Messages from Android to iPhone
Recently, I happened to buy a new iOS device. And this time, I did not want to lose my WhatsApp data when moving to a new phone. Unlike Android to Android move, this is quite tricky. So I started searching for ways to transfer WhatsApp to new iPhone without losing any data such as messages and media. That is when I stumbled across MobileTrans – WhatsApp Transfer. It is a simple and useful tool to transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone.
MobileTrans – WhatsApp Transfer tool allow you to backup the following types of WhatsApp data:
- WhatsApp Messages: Backup WhatsApp chat history to computer including personal chats and group conversations.
- WhatsApp Photos: Export all images including your profile picture, photos in the chat history, and even stickers.
- WhatsApp Videos: Transfer WhatsApp videos of all kinds from your phone to the computer to save more space.
- WhatsApp Attachments: Extract all attachments from WhatsApp chat history to the computer without any data loss.
Steps to Transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone
- Download and install the MobileTrans software on your computer and open the same.
- Select the “WhatsApp Transfer” module.
- Connect both of your smartphones to your computer. The software will automatically load the messages and media attachments from your Android device before you transfer.
- Click on the “Start” button and wait for the transfer process to complete. Depending on the size of data, it might take some time; be patient.
- You can flip the source and destination phone as you requested. When you transfer from Andriod to iOS phones, it will merge both chats.
- While the transfer is in progress, it is advised to not touch the device. This is because the cable connected might sometimes be a little loose and even a small disturbance can disconnect your device which will, in turn, impact the data transfer.
- When the transfer is complete, you will see the below screen. At this point, it is safe to remove both of your devices from your computer.
This is one of the easiest ways to transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone. You can use this very tool to transfer WhatsApp chats from iPhone to Android or even Android to Android. While we are on the topic, MobileTrans even has a tool to transfer data between iOS, Android & Windows Phone too.
Why MobileTrans – WhatsApp Transfer is better than other ways?
Now that we are familiar with the steps to move WhatsApp from Android to iPhone, let us take a brief look at the features of the tool:
MobileTrans offers an easy and simple way to transfer your WhatsApp data. You can not only transfer your WhatsApp from Android to iPhone but also move WhatsApp data from Android to Android, backup WhatsApp to a computer and restore the backup data whenever you need it.
- Transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone in a matter of few minutes.
- You can also transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Android, Android to Android, and iPhone to iPhone.
- Compatible with iPod touch, iPad, and other tablets as well.
- Effortlessly backup WhatsApp chats, photos, attachments, and videos to your computer so that you can restore the backup anytime, anywhere, to any device you like; no matter iPhone or Android.
- This tool also helps you read WhatsApp messages and view attachments directly on the computer.
- The backed data can be restored across platforms.
- The tool even lets you preview backup files before you restore your WhatsApp data to the target phone.
WhatsApp data transfer can be quite tricky if not done in the right way. Be it between Android to Android, iPhone to iPhone or cross-platform, if you are not doing it right, you might end up losing a lot of important text messages along with WhatsApp media. That is the reason why we recommed using a reliable tool such as MobileTrans – WhatsApp transfer. If you are someone who constantly changes mobile devices and has a lot of important information of WhatsApp, do give this tool a shot and let us know your thoughts!