GApps is an integral part of an Android ROM that makes it what it is. Google released the official Android Oreo update for Nexus and Pixel devices a few months ago. If you have been looking for Android Oreo GApps, then we have got you covered. Read ahead to know more and download Android 8.1 Oreo GApps.
Google released the first Developer Preview of Android Oreo in March 2017. The first public build of Android Oreo was released in August. Android Oreo comes with a lot of new features such as Picture-in-picture mode, Smart Text Selection, New Emojis, Multi Windows, Revamped notifications and ‘Notification Dots’, Project Treble and much more.
The Android Oreo was more of a functional update with very less visual changes to the operating system. The UI of the Settings app has been simplified for a better ease of use. The notification shade has got some UI tweaks here and there, nothing big. If you have been looking for Android 8.1 Compatible GApps Package, we have it here for you. You can download Android 8.1 Oreo GApps for 64-Bit, 32-Bit or even x86 smartphones!
Android 8.1 Oreo GApps
While the official Android Oreo update has not still hit many devices, even flagships, there are already a lot of Android Oreo Custom ROMs for most devices which has good community love. For example, devices like OnePlus 3/3T, OnePlus 2, Galaxy S2/S4/S5/S6, Xperia ZX/Premium and many more devices have already received Android Oreo Custom ROMs.
If you install any Android ROM, GApps is the most important part to make everything work the way they should. Most, if not all, custom ROMs are built based on AOSP Android. The AOSP Android does not come with any sort of Google Services. You would not even be able to add a Google Account to AOSP Android. By installing GApps, you get the complete Google Support.
By installing GApps you get –
- Google Accounts
- Google Play
- Google Play Services
- Google Play Protect
- Google Dialer
- Google Contacts
- Google Maps
- Google Photos
- Much More!
Download Android 8.1 Oreo Gapps Package
Thanks to OpenGapps Project, you can install all your favorite Google applications on any Oreo ROM. There are many different variants in different sizes to choose from, so here’s a quick guide to help you choose:
- Aroma: Every single Google App in existence is included. The installer comes with a GUI and lets you choose which ones to install.
- Super: Every single Google App in existence is included. But, no GUI or options to choose. Everything will be installed.
- Stock: Contains all the Google Apps that come with Nexus and Pixel phones (comes with Google Dialer). Recommended.
- Full: Similar to Stock, but this does not replace non-Google Stock Android apps such as Dialer, etc.
- Mini: Only the most Popular Google Apps.
- Micro: Limited number of Google apps.
- Nano: As the name says, extremely minimal, light-weight package.
- Pico: The bare-minimum needed for the Google Services to properly work.
All the above-mentioned packages are available for 32bit, 64bit, and x86 chip smartphones as well. Now that you have made your choice, click below to go to OpenGApps Official Download Page:Download Android 8.1 Oreo GApps
How to Install Android 8.1 Oreo Gapps Package
- Copy the downloaded Android 8.1 Oreo GApps Package to your phone.
- Reboot your device into recovery mode.
- If you have not already flashed the Android 8.1 Oreo Custom ROM, please flash it first. The flash the Android 8.1 Oreo GApps Package.
Once you reboot your device, you would be welcomed by the ROM Setup Wizard, if this is the first boot after installing Custom ROM. During this, if you are asked for Google Account details, then you be sure that GApps have installed fine. You would also find several Google Apps installed on your device, once the setup wizard completes. This is the easiest way to install Android 8.1 Oreo GApps on any Android device.