OnePlus phones are extremely developer friendly and it is no surprise to see very good development for the phone soon after the launch. Hell, custom ROMs and Custom Kernels for the phone were already available even before the phone was widely available. Now that it has been quite a while since the device has launched, there are a variety of ROMs, Mods and Custom Kernels available for the device to play with. Here, we will see the best custom kernels available for the OnePlus 5.
[How to install custom Kernel?”]
All the custom kernels listed on this page can be installed by simply flashing them via TWRP recovery. But do note that, before flashing them you should be in Stock Kernel. If you are coming from any other custom kernel, do flash the stock Oxygen OS kernel first. You can download it from below link:
ElementalX Kernel for OnePlus 5
According to the developer flar2, ElementalX is designed for maximum stability. It is made for people who depend on their phone every day. Elemental X is very popular among the Rooting community and has quite a bit of fan following. Check out the features of the ElementalX Kernal below:
- Easy installation and setup with Aroma installer
- Wake Gestures support (sweep2wake & doubletap2wake)
- Advanced color control
- Sound control (headphones, earpiece and mic)
- Backlight dimmer
- Underclock CPU
- LED settings
- Adjust or disable vibration
- FIOPS, CFQ, deadline, noop and SIO i/o schedulers
- NTFS r/w, CIFS and NFS support
- Option to disable fsync
- performance and power optimizations
- Does not force encryption
- Compatible with systemless root
You can download the ElementalX Kernel for OnePlus 5 from the below link:
Compatibility: Do note that this kernel is currently only available for Oxygen OS, Hydrogen OS and Stock based ROMs. Lineage OS/ Lineage OS based ROMs are not supported as of now.
Boeffla-Kernel for OnePlus 5
The legendary developer Lord Boeffla has finally made his kernel available for OnePlus 5. Boeffla Kernels are known for being very stable while providing a good amount of options to tweak your phone to your liking. Below are a few features of the Boeffla Kernel for OnePlus 5:
- Dash charging fully supported
- The two CPU clusters (big and little cpu) can be configured completely separate in terms of min/max frequencies, governors and CPU core profiles
- Additional governors: none yet, but planned
- Additional schedulers: fiops, bfq, sio, sioplus, fifo, vr, tripndroid and zen
- Underclocking CPU and GPU supported
- No CPU overclocking and voltage interface, no GPU overclocking and voltage interface (not planned too)
- GPU boost implemented (4 levels)
- CPU core profiles to restrict number of CPU cores being used (the OP5 does not hotplug based on load)
- USB charge rate bumped up to 900 mA
- Notification LED control (effect + speed for blinking/fading, brightness for continuous notification like battery charging etc.)
- Boeffla-Sound engine V1 (headphone volume control)
- Show current CPU core frequencies in realtime (note: other apps than Boeffla-Config will likely display wrong information on offline cores as they are not up-to-date yet)
- Show GPU frequency usage per frequency in Boeffla-Config
- KCal V2 Color control
- Swipe2wake gestures
- Control haptic feedback of gestures (except fingerprint)
- Haptic feedback intensity control (from 0 to 25, with 25 being 100%)
- and much more!
You can download the Boeffla Kernel for OnePlus 5 from the below link:
Compatibility: Boeffla Kernel for OnePlus 5 is now available for Oxygen OS and Lineage OS 14.1. No information about the Hydrogen OS though.
Adin’s Kernel for OnePlus 5:
Adin’s Kernel is also a fairly popular Kernel among the OnePlus 5 users. Below are a few features of the kernel:
- Upstreamed Linux kernel version, went from v4.4.21 -> v4.4.76
- Backported random driver from Linux v4.12 (latest and greatest)
- Built using Optimization Level 2
- Stock OxygenOS kernel builds for size optimization
- Added Motorola’s quickwakeup driver
- Added maple io scheduler (default) by frap129
- Added adreno idler by arter97 with tweaks from frap129
You can download the Adin’s Kernel for OnePlus 5 from the below link:
Compatibility: Do note that this kernel is currently only available for Oxygen OS and Oxygen OS based ROMs as of now.
DirtyCORE Kernel for OnePlus 5
DirtyCORE is the new kid on the block but the kernel does offer quite a lot of features. Below are some of its features:
- Gesture Control (flare)
- Adreno Boost
- Disable FSync
- Different IO profiles.
- Different Governers for CPU
- and much more!
You can download the DirtyCORE Kernel for OnePlus 5 from the below link:
That’s all for now folks. We will keep this page updated with all the latest kernels that are gonna show up in the future. Do keep in touch!