With Paint.net, you get an open-source image editing tools for Windows. It is also considered as top-notch software for graphic design and adding special effects. Additionally, you can also get some Paint.net Plugins for adding some extra features based upon your specific requirements.
So, if you are also looking for some of the best-suited Paint.net Plugins then we will take you deep into some of the best Paint.net Plugins here and now-
BoltBait’s Plugin Pack
By opting for this Paint.net Plugin, you will get a pack of 43 essential Plugins.
This is quite effective in optimizing the capabilities of the Paint.net tool. It is first-rate in offering best in class effects and adjustments.
In addition to all these, BoltBait’s Plugin Pack also offers a rainbow palette alongside a wide range of shapes styles and more. You will also get Bevel Object Plugins that are exceptional in enabling you to make 3D objects like a pro.
Some of the notable highlights of BoltBait’s Plugin that make it one of the essential Paint.net Plugins are-
- Adjustments menu with Color Balance and Transparency features
- Effects menu with Flip Horizontal and Flip Vertical options
- Artistic menu in Effects with Dream and Pastel options
- Blurs menu in Effects with Gaussian Blur+
- Object menu in Effects with Feather, Old Feather and Outline options
- Selection menu in Effects with Bevel Selection, Blur Selection Edge, Feather Selection and Outline Selection options.
Your quest of finding essential Paint.net Plugins will now land you upon Pyrochild Plugins which are one of the most powerful sources of amazing effects to optimize your creative flow.
With this Plugin pack, you will get Curves+ Plugin that is very effective in aesthetically enhancing the native Curves Adjustment feature of Paint.net.
Opting for this one will let you get different effects such as Gradient Bars, Jitter, Film, etc.
Pyrochild Plugins also come up with Color Match Plugin which is definitely highly appealing in beautifying your graphic designs. This Plugin is also first-rate in editing your phone as per the color scheme of any other photo.
Top highlights of Pyrochild Plugins you need to pay heed upon are-
- It lets you apply many effects in your design
- With Pyrochild Plugins, you can also customize your preferences
- It lets you apply a pixelate filter and adjust the cell width and height
- You will also be able to pick the sampling method between Paint.net and GIMP
- With this Paint.net Plugin, you can insert a rectangle, arc ellipse, or pie shape
- It also enables you to pick the line width and color alongside anti-aliasing mode and pattern
- You may use it to outline objects, add film effects, jitter images, generate gradient bars
- Opt for this one for filling shapes with random patterns
Simon B’s Plugin Pack
Now comes the third one in the list of essential Plugins of Paint.net and this one is Simon B’s Plugin.
With the help of this, you will get some of the awesome set of features that include a rich inclusion of a mix of effects along with file type Plugins.
Simon B’s Plugin Pack is going to highly useful for you in increasing the performance of your Paint.net. It is exceptional in enabling you to add support for custom brushes, plus, it will let you edit layers in another program in a hassle-free manner.
You can also use this Plugin for adding GIFs to your project.
Some of the notable highlights of Simon B’s Plugin Pack-
- With the help of this Plugin, you will be able to include a cool Editable Text effect which will let you add text to your project adeptly and then edit it whenever you want
- This one is excellent for file type Plugins that offer additional support for editing layers, brushes, and GIFs
- This Plugin include Custom Brushes Mini, Animated Image, That Other App, Printer+ Olden, Editable Text, Extend Border, Find Edges and Drag From
Dpy’s Plugin Pack
With the help of Dpy’s Plugin pack, you will be able to add some awesome effects to your graphic design like a pro.
This Plugin is considered apt for spicing up your images. By opting for Dpy’s Plugin pack, you will receive top-notch effects and adjustments which are not achievable with the default version of Paint.net.
It also comprises Black and Alpha+ Plugin that offers you the ability to alter any graphic design into B&W. This will also enable you to convert bright areas into transparent.
Some of the other highlights of Dpy’s Plugin pack that enable it to secure a place in the list of 5 Essential Paint.net Plugins-
- With Dpy’s Plugin Pack, you will get a perspective effect that can effectively change the viewpoint of any image by adding more dramatic appeal
- Dpy’s Plugins are considered highly useful for creative designers
- It offers 16 extensions for Paint.NET, plus you will also get effective filters
- With the help of this Plugin pack, you will get the peech bubbles, perspective equalization, curved text sorts of features
MadJik Plugin Pack
The final one in the list of best Paint.net Plugins is MadJik Plugin Pack that comprises around 78 Plugins.
Opting for this Plugin will enable you in having a wide range of effects such as gradient blur and the fractal curly tree that lets you use a fractal algorithm for drawing a curly tree.
This Plugin pack is also updated promptly and it will continue offering some cool new Plugins in a well-scheduled manner.
Some of the notable features of MadJik Plugin Pack are-
- It lets you draw various shapes add distortions such as water ripples, tiles, reflections, kaleidoscope, etc.
- It will also allow you to ender effects (sparkles, lines, spirals, and others) to your photos
- By opting for this Plugin, you will be able to apply a series of textures to your images via the ‘Rainbow Twist’, ‘ Vibrato’, ‘Radial Colors’, and ‘Moire’ Plugins
Now, as have gone through 5 essential Paint.net Plugins, let us now understand how to download and install these Plugins-
Downloading and Installation of Paint.net Plugins
Some of the easy to download and install steps of Paint.net Plugins are-
- In the very first step, you need to Download the Plugin file either from a direct installer or from a zip file to install the plugin manually
- In the next step, you need to click to open the .exe file for installing the plugin pack. Just by double-clicking up on the installed Plugin pack file, you will find a wizard. Then a window will pop up and show Plugins to get added. Now, you will be asked to add the effects of your choice from Effects and File Type Plugins and after doing this, you should click upon the Next button.
- In the third step, you will see a window that pops up and asks you to select the users for whom you want to install the Paint.net Plugin. Once selected, don’t forget to check the terms and conditions checkbox and then, click on the install button.
- The fourth step revolves around some of those Effect and File Type Plugins that are already installed. You will be asked if you would like to install those Plugins or features again or not. Here, you should skip those Plugins. You just need to check the box saying ‘apply to all the files’ and then you should click on the skip button.
- In the last step, once the installation process is done, you need to click upon the Finish button. Now, you may launch Paint.net which will now have various new features included in different menus within the software that will include a Plugin logo given next to them.
Another option of installing these Paint.net Plugins is also there and you can do this with .zip extension-
Steps of Installing Paint.net Plugins with .zip Extension
- In the very first step, you need to extract the files within the zip folder.
- Then for installing those Plugins, you should place the Plugins within the Effects or File type folder in Paint.net as per the type of Plugin.
- Then you need to choose the Plugin which you recently pasted. Right-click upon that Plugin for opening its properties.
- Then in the section of properties, you should go under the general tab in case you find the Unblock button. You should click on it for initiating the use of Plugin. If you do not see such buttons there, you should skip this step.
- Finally, you should launch Paint.net and start using installed Plugins.
Wrapping it up!
So, on the concluding note, we hope you would have understood how these Plugins can help you in improving the usability of your Paint.net.
These Plugins are first-rate in offering additional features that you won’t get with the regular Paint.net software. It will offer a wide range of feature set to your image as per your specific requirements.
So, what are your thoughts about the aforementioned Paint.net Plugins? Do you find these Plugins effective in optimizing the performance of Paint.net? Share your views with us in the comments below.