If you are not familiar with the term “Memoji”, it is basically the personified version of Animoji that was introduced last year during the launch of iPhone X. It uses the depth-sensing and the front-facing camera to capture your facial movements animate your face as an emoji. While Animoji used to transform your face into an animal, alien or po0p like animated emoji, Memoji lets you create an animated emoji which looks much like you. This is one of the new features of iOS 12.
If you happen to own any of those iPhones listed below and you are a kid at heart, this is something which you must try out. It is very simple to create your Memoji and share it among your friends. Here is a guide on how you can do it.
Steps To Create Your Own Memoji:
- Head over to the Message app and tap on any conversation.
- Now, tap on the App Store icon present next to the text field and then tap on the animoji icon.
- Next, swipe left and tap on the “+” icon which reads New Memoji.
- In the Memoji Creation Window, select the skin color of your Memoji. You can even add freckles to your skin to make it look more like you.
- Then tap on Hairstyles to configure the required hairstyle. In this section, you can select any hairstyle, hair color and highlight.
- Now, tap on Head Shape to setup your facial features according to your age and the shape of your chin.
- Next tap on Eyes to choose how the eyes should look by configuring the color and shape of the eyes.
- Then tap on Browse to customize the look and feel of eyebrows.
- You can do a similar configuration for the look and feel of Nose, Lips, Ears, Facial Hairs, Eye Wear and Head Wear.
- Once done with all the configurations, tap on done and you will be able to find your personalized Animoji or Memoji placed right next to other Animojis.
Congratulations! You just created your own Memoji. Now, you can share it with your friends using iPhone via iMessage or to your friend using Android by sharing it as a video. This is for sure going make your conversations much appealing.
I know the procedure is ridiculously long but its worth the tussle as it offers all possible options to personalize your animated emoji.
This is the way to create your own Memoji on iOS 12. I hope this article works the way it is intended to be. Let us know about your experience trying out the methods mentioned in this article in the comments section down below. In case I missed mentioning anything or if there is some topic which you want me to cover, please let me know in the comments section down below.