WhatsApp introduced a new feature called WhatsApp Stickers which lets you express your mood with stickers. Learn how you can create custom WhatsApp stickers in a matter of a few minutes.
If you are in this article, do not tell me that you are totally unaware of the term “Whatsapp.” Even people who are not using the internet are used to hear this term being used around them. With a user base of over one and a half billion, it is the World’s Most Popular Messaging Platform at the moment. It is available on a variety of operating systems including the likes of Android, iOS, Windows Phone, BlackBerry OS, Symbian (there are Windows, macOS and web app clients that work only in presence of a connected mobile app client). Founded almost a decade ago in 2009, it has gone through numerous revisions and it’s developers keep on adding new features with every new update: the latest of which introduces stickers.
Sticker was one of the most awaited features. Stickers were first introduced on WeChat years ago and were popularised by the Hike Messanger. WhatsApp states that it will allow users to send special stickers to their contacts in order to express themselves in a better way apart from images, emojis, gifs and more which are already present on the platform. Currently, it is only available on Android and iOS supported devices and a total of 12 sticker packs are built into the app for the users while you can even install third party sticker packs from the Google Play Store.
Going by WhatsApp’s official guidelines for creating stickers, one needs to have some coding knowledge to create custom stickers. What if I tell you that you can create your own customized Stickers without aby basic coding knowledge? Excited? Stay tuned for a step by step guide on how to create custom WhatsApp stickers on your Android phone.
How To Create Custom WhatsApp Stickers On Android
- Make sure you are running the WhatsApp version 2.18.341 or greater.
- Download Sticker maker for WhatsApp by Viko & Co. from the Google Play Store.
- Once done with the installation, open the app and tap on ‘Create a new sticker pack.’
- You will be asked to fill in the Stickerpack name along with the name of the author. Do it.
- Once done, you will be greeted with an empty screen with the rounded square like tiles. There are thirty such tiles indicating that a sticker pack can contain up to thirty stickers. Tap on any of those tiles and grant permission to access camera and storage.
- Next, either capture an image from the app or select an existing image file and use your finger to draw the outline for a cut-out. It may take some trials to get an accurate cut-out. It is recommended to zoom into the image while marking the cut out for better results. You should create at least three stickers and a maximum of thirty.
- Once done with making stickers for your sticker pack, tap on the ‘Publish Sticker Pack’ which can be found at the lower right side of your phone’s display.
- Then tap on the required button to add these stickers to your WhatsApp account.
And you are done. Congratulations! You just created your custom sticker pack for WhatsApp.
This is one of the easiest ways to create custom sticker pack for WhatsApp. I hope this article works the way it is intended to be. Let us know about your experience trying out the methods mentioned in this article in the comments section down below. In case I missed mentioning anything or if there is some topic which you want me to cover, please let me know in the comments section down below.