The best thing about Android Operating System is the number of customization options available to personalize your phone/tablet and make it yours. Android allows you to change every aspect of your device right from your home screen to app drawer to notification panel to everything. Apart from all these elements, there are certain other elements of your phone that can be can be customized and most of the android users are not aware of it. The LED notification light is one such thing which many do not know that it can be customized as well.
If you are using any smartphone that is running Android 4.2+, you might have noticed a tiny LED light on the topmost bezel or notch blinking or illuminating whenever you receive a notification or while charging your device. This is one of the most underrated features of an android phone. You do not need to unlock your device every time just for the sake of checking if you have any new notification. This is a great option to have but has anyone ever wondered if they can unleash the fullest potential of the LED notification light. If you are someone who is wondering for ways to do that or just got interested after reading this article, stay tuned, as I am going to guide you to customize the way your LED notification light should behave.
Steps to Customise Your LED Notification Light
- Download and install “Light Flow” from the Google Play Store. It is available in both free and paid versions. The paid version does not provide any significant feature other than eliminating the ad pop-ups that may appear from time to time in the free version. The paid version costs INR 10.00/-.
- Once “Light Flow” has been installed, open it.
- Allow permission to access notifications of your device.
- You can read or skip the introductory details and guides on the welcome page.
- On the next screen, you can find options for changing the sound, vibration pattern and led color for different apps.
- Tap on the three-dot button beside the required app to disable a notification or go to specific notification settings of the app.
- If you want to disable notifications for the app, click on “Disable notifications” or if you want to change other settings, keep reading. If you just wish to disable notifications of a certain app, you do not need to download any app. Just open the settings app and tap on the apps section. In the list of the apps installed, tap on the required app and disable notifications from there.
- To change the way your LED notification light behaves for a particular app, tap on “Settings“, and under the “Lights” section, enable or disable the LED light, change color, duration, and the flash rate.
- If you want similar global behavior for every app and feature of your phone, head over to app settings and try out the different options available.
This is the easiest way to customize the behavior of the LED notification light of your phone. I hope this article works the way it is intended to be. Let us know about your experience using Gesture Control in your device in the comments section below. In case I missed to mention anything, please let me know in the comments section down below.