Ever since the Google Pixel 4 and the Google Pixel 4 XL was launched, they have been receiving mixed reviews from pretty much everywhere. Just like last year, almost every single detail about the Pixel 4 released way before the devices were officially unveiled to the public. The already no-so-interesting unveiling event reached a new low when we all came to learn that the Google Pixel 4 will not be available in all the countries across the world. The main reason behind this is Soli Motion sensor used in Pixel 4.
The all-new motion gestures were one of the USPs of the new Google Pixel 4 duo. Google even teased about the feature in a tweet a couple of weeks before the official announcement. After the phone was released, we came to learn that the Pixel 4 will not be available in some countries because of this very feature. It has something to do with the frequency used by the sensor not being approved by some countries.
To make the situation even worse, the Soli Motion Gestures will stop working on Pixel 4 if you travel to any of the countries where it is banned. For example, if you travel from the US with your Pixel 4 to India, the Soli related features will stop working. Yes, it’s not a very good feeling when your new phone features stop working.
In this guide, we will tell you how you can easily enable the Soli Sensor Motion Gestures on any country.
Steps to Enable Soli Sensor Motion Gesture on Any Country
- Always make a backup of your data before proceeding.
- Your Pixel 4/Pixel 4 XL must be rooted for this method to work.
- Make sure you have root on your Pixel 4/Pixel 4 XL.
- Download and install the Terminal Emulator app on your Android device: Terminal Emulator for Android
- Open the Terminal Emulator app and execute the following command:
- You will be prompted to provide root permissions to the terminal emulator app; please grant the same.
- After that, execute the below three commands one after another separately:
setprop pixel.oslo.allowed_override true setprop persist.pixel.oslo.allowed_override true setprop ctl.restart zygote
Now you can enjoy Soli Motion Gestures in any country, anywhere, anytime without any sort of restrictions. This is the easiest way to enable Pixel 4 Soli Sensor Motion Gestures in any country.