One of the best features of any Android device is the ability to customize the phone’s user interface, in turn, making it look and feel the way you want. With very little efforts, you can make your device stand out from the crowd. This is something which users of the rival mobile operating system can only dream of. Though you can run an Android device as it ships out of the box, there is no fun in owning one until you really own it i.e. make it yours. Android power users often root their device and flash custom ROMs or install magisk modules to make their devices stand out. Though rooting gives you complete control of your device, many Android users still fear rooting their devices in order to avoid bricking their devices. In most of the cases, this might be true as without proper knowledge one may run into trouble.
But gone are those days when one needed to root their devices to do magical stuff. With powerful inbuilt theme engines, advanced applications, one can customize nearly every aspect of their phones. When the topic of theme engines is placed, Samsung comes on top with its powerful inbuilt theme engine closely followed by Huawei and Xiaomi.
Samsung launched its first flagship series of 2019 dubbed the S10 series. These phones pack in incredible hardware with pretty capable software. The OneUI based on Android 9 Pie is Samsung’s approach to Android 9 and it brings in some key improvements over its predecessor- the Samsung Experience and the TouchWiz. Unlike previous versions of Samsung’s software approach, the One UI seems to be very well received by Android enthusiasts. It maintains a sleek profile with a focus on one-handed operation and fast experience.
All those Huawei and Honor folks who want similar experiences with their devices powered by EMUI, I got you covered in this article. No need for root access nor is there any need of installing any launcher. We are going to use Huawei’s theme engine. This will not just change your wallpaper or the icons but will apply a system-wide dark mode with the entire phone favoring One UI styled one-handed mode. Here are a few screenshots from my Honor View 10 with the One UI Theme.
Here are some screenshots of how this theme looks:
So without any further ado lets get started.
Steps To Make Your Huawei/Honor Phone Look Like Galaxy S10+:
Note: Make sure your phone runs EMUI 5.x+. (EMUI 8 is recommended.)
- Download and install Themes Manager for Huawei / Honor / EMUI by Deishelon Lab from the Google Play Store by clicking/tapping here: Download
- Once the app is installed, open it.
- Now, open the following link: Link. This link will direct you to the Theme Manager app which you downloaded in the first step.
- Now, tap on the download button and once the download is completed, tap on install. Wait for a few seconds until a small popup appears at the bottom half of the screen with a message that the theme installation is completed successfully.
- Open the themes app and tap on the “Me” button.
- Next, tap on “My Themes.” It is here that all the themes installed on your phone will appear.
- Now, search for “Samsung One UI Dark” theme. Once found, tap on “Apply” and your entire EMUI’s interface will be themed accordingly.
Congratulations! You just customized your Honor/Huawei phone to make it look like any Samsung Phone running One UI.
And that’s it. I am pretty sure that your Huawei or Honor device’s UI will be looking pretty similar to that of a Samsung phone running One UI.
These are the easiest ways to make EMUI feel like the Samsung Galaxy S10. I hope this article works the way it is intended to be. Let us know about your experience trying out the methods mentioned in this article in the comments section down below. In case I missed mentioning anything or if there is some topic which you want me to cover, please let me know in the comments section down below.
Header Image Credit: The Awesome MKBHD.