Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus Android Oreo Update is now live in some countries. The update brings all the Android Oreo goodness to the devices. In this guide, we will tell you how to install Android Oreo Update on Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus. You can also download Android Oreo Firmware for Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus.
Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus are the latest and greatest in Samsung’s legendary S lineup of smartphones. The phones came with a really nice design which is a refinement of the latest year’s Galaxy S7 design. Plus, getting rid of the camera bump was a great idea! The Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus ran Android 7.0 Oreo out of the box. Of course, Samsung Experience was applied on top of the Android 7.0. In this guide, we will tell you how to update Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus to Android Oreo.
Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus Android Oreo Update
Samsung has beta testing the Android Oreo update for Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus since a couple of months ago. We even saw a bunch of Android Oreo beta for Galaxy S8 in the past. Just a couple of days ago, Samsung released the final beta for Galaxy S8 and S8 plus hinting that the final Oreo Update rollout for Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus is imminent. As expected, the Oreo Update is now live for several users in different countries.
The Android Oreo Update for Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus brings all the Android Oreo goodness to the device. Some of the most notable features of the Android Oreo are Notification dots, Auto-Fill API, Smart Selection, Notification Channels, etc. The latest update also brings all-new Samsung Experience 9.0 to Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus. Read ahead to know how to install Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus Android Oreo Update.
Download Oreo Firmware for Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus
Samsung Galaxy S8 SM-G950FD
- Russia (SER): G950FXXU1CRAP
- United Arab Emirates (XSG): G950FXXU1CRAP
- India (INS): G950FXXU1CRAP
- Vietnam (XXV): G950FXXU1CRAP
- Germany (DBT): G950FXXU1CRAP
- France (XEF): G950FXXU1CRAP
- Nordic Countries (NEE): G950FXXU1CRAP
- Spain (PHE): G950FXXU1CRAP
- Turkey (TUR): G950FXXU1CRAP
- Poland (XEO): G950FXXU1CRAP
Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus SM-G955FD
- United Arab Emirates (XSG): G955FXXU1CRAP
- India (INS): G955FXXU1CRAP
- Vietnam (XXV): G955FXXU1CRAP
- France (XEF): G955FXXU1CRAP
- Turkey (TUR): G955FXXU1CRAP
- Germany (DBT): G955FXXU1CRAP
- Poland (XEO): G955FXXU1CRAP
- Nordic Countries (NEE): G955FXXU1CRAP
- Spain (PHE): G955FXXU1CRAP
- Make a complete backup of your device before proceeding.
- Make sure you have at least 60% of charge.
- Enable USB Debugging on your Galaxy S8 or S8 Plus.
Steps to Install Oreo Firmware update on Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus
- Download the latest version of Odin Firmware Flash tool from here: odin3_v3.12.7. Unzip the downloaded file and extract the Odin.exe file. The Odin tool should be ready in your PC.
- Make sure you have downloaded the right firmware file for your device and variant. Both Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus have different variants and countries firmware. So if your device/country firmware is not available, do not proceed with the flashing process.
- Boot your Galaxy S8/S8+ into Download Mode:
- Power off your device.
- Press and hold Bixby + Volume Down + Power button.
- Wait till your device boots in Download Mode.
- Open the Odin application on your PC.
- Connect your device to your PC via USB Cable.
- In ODIN application, you will see 4 sections: BL, AP, CP, and CSC.
- Extract the downloaded Android Oreo Firmware file. You will get four files starting with BL, AP, CP, and CSC.
- Click on the corresponding sections in the ODIN tool and select the respective files.
- Once you have loaded all the necessary files in the right sections, click on the Start button update Galaxy S8 or S8 Plus to Android Oreo.
- Wait for the flashing process to complete.
- Once the flashing process completes, reboot your device.
This is the easiest way to install Android Oreo Update on Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus. Look around and see whats new. Also, do let us know what do you like most about the new update!
OTA Screenshot Credits: XDA-Developers.com