When it comes to customization and changing things at the system level, nobody dares to think of iPhones running iOS. From its launch until now, iOS has been a restrictive operating system. Apple wants to keep control of default apps in order to maintain a homogenous software and hardware experience. There are not many things that you can do with the interface of iOS and you have to be satisfied with what Apple offers with its software.
In today’s world, a mobile phone is just not a device to make and receive calls or messages. Phones these days contain a lot of personal information which we may not be interested in sharing with the world. While there are various ways to hide apps in phones running Android, hiding apps on iPhones are not everyone’s job. If you are someone who is looking for ways to hide apps on your phone, here is a guide to hide apps on iPhones.
How To Hide Apps On iPhone?
This guide is based on the firmware of iOS 12 beta. If you are using iOS 10 or less, steps for hiding the apps might be slightly different but not much that will make you feel you uncomfortable.
- Open the “Settings” app from your iPhone.
- Tap on “Screen Time” followed by a tap on “Content & Privacy Restrictions.“
- On the next screen, create a passcode and enable the “Content and Privacy” option.
- For hiding preloaded apps from your homescreen, tap on the “Allowed Apps.” On the next screen, toggle off all the apps which you do not desire to be visible on your homescreen.”
- For hiding third-party apps from your homescreen, tap on the “Content Restriction” and then tap on “Apps.“
- To hide all third-party apps, tap on the “Don’t Allow Apps” option or if you desire to hide apps on the basis of age, tap on the desired age so that for the app to be visible in the homescreen the user needs to more than or equal to the selected age.
Hide iOS Apps
This is one of the easiest ways to hide apps from the homescreen of your iPhone. Though this method is not as perfect as the solutions found on the android counterparts, this is what you can do to hide apps from your iPhone’s homescreen. There aren’t any third party apps that let you hide apps on iOS.
I hope this article works the way it is intended to be. Let us know about your experience trying out the methods mentioned in this article in the comments section down below. In case I missed mentioning anything or if there is some topic which you want me to cover, please let me know in the comments section down below.