If you are looking for a way to hide root from apps on Android, then this simple and easy guide will help you achieve that. Some apps required Android to be not rooted to work and it is a problem. Today, we will tell you how to hide root access from apps on Android devices. This guide should work fine for both Magisk and SuperSU.
What is Rooting?
Rooting is a process to attain of allowing users of any device running on Android ecosystem to attain complete control over their devices. Rooting is often performed with the goal of overcoming limitations that carriers and hardware manufacturers put on some devices.
You may be wondering if rooting the android device opens up a new world of possibilities, what is the need to hide root access from apps that can detect root access. If you are one with the same doubt, here are the reason:
- Rooting your Android Phone will void your warranty.
- Bricking the most dreaded word in the rooting world. When you brick your device, it simply means your Android device is now a very fancy and very unusable brick
- A common practice that people do with “rooted” phones is to flash their ROM’s with custom programs. Whenever you make changes to the code of a software, you run the risk of introducing a virus.
- There are certain apps which can detect if the device is rooted or not and can stop working if they find the device to be a rooted one.
- You will not receive over-the-air (OTA) updates from your device manufacturer.
If you are one who is worried about the 4th problem mentioned on our list, do not worry and continue reading to find the solution.
RootCloak is an app that lets you hide the root status of your Android device so other apps won’t detect it as being rooted. There are two ways of installing it-
- As an independent app which requires the Cydia Substrate platform
- As a module that requires Xposed Framework
Steps to Install RoatCloak using Cydia Substrate Platform
Cydia Substrate is a platform for modifying a device without actually having the source code. Here are the steps to install RoatCloak using Cydia Substrate platform.
- Install Cydia Substrate on your device.
- Download SELinux Mode Changer.
- Set it to “permissive”.
- Download RoatCloak Plus(Cydia) by following the given link
- Download RoatCloak Plus(Cydia).
- After the download is complete, install it and reboot your device.
- Now, open the app and select the apps for those you want to hide the root access.
Steps to Install RoatCloak using Xposed Framework
Xposed Framework is a way to install special apps on your Android device called modules, which can be customized to your liking to modify your phone in many different ways. Here are the steps to install RoatCloak using Xposed Framework.
- Download the “Xposed Installer” apk from the link given below.
- Download and Install Xposed Framework: Guide to Install Xposed Framework v89 on Android Devices
- Once the download is complete, install it.
- Download the RoatCloak Xposed Module and then install it.
- Download RoatCloak Xposed Module.
- Open Xposed Installer and click on ‘Framework’ and select ‘Install/Update’.
- On the ‘Modules’ menu, tap on ‘RoatCloak’.
- Open RoatCloak and perform the required operations.
These are the easiest ways to install RoatCloak in your device to hide root access from the apps that can detect it. Let us know about your experience of using RoatCloak.