In this guide, you will learn how to unlock bootloader of Razer Phone. Razer Phone Bootloader Unlock is now possible, which enables you to install TWRP recovery on the device. Read ahead to know you can unlock bootloader on Razer Phone.
Razer Phone is one of the most exciting phones to come out this year. Razer Phone is also the first mobile device from Razer. In a time where the phones are getting slimmer, Razer brings a whole new approach to the table. The devices bulky and looks like a brick. But the positive side is, it really makes good use of all the space it takes. Razer Phone packs the most powerful speakers on any smartphone at the moment. Also, it is the only phone to come with a 120Hz display. These two features are the major highlights of the device and are really important because the device is targeted at gamers. In this article, we have the steps to unlock bootloader on Razer Phone.
Unlock Bootloader of Razer Phone
The Razer phone has been out for quite a while now. The manufacturer, Razer, has not yet released the system images of the device. There is also no official guide on how to unlock bootloader of Razer Phone.
But, thanks to a very talented XDA Forum Member zipxavier, we now have a working way to unlock bootloader on Razer Phone. Unlike OnePlus and Pixel device, the steps to unlock bootloader on Razer Phone is a bit different. Follow the below guide to unlock Razer Phone bootloader.
- This procedure will completely wipe out your device. Make a complete backup of your device before proceeding: Guide to Backup Android Device Without Root
- Make sure you have ADB and Fastboot installed on your PC: Download and Install Minimal ADB and Fastboot
- Install Google USB Drivers on your PC: How to Install Google USB Drivers on Windows 10/8/7 PC.
- Make sure your device has at least 50% of charge so that it won’t die in the middle of the process.
Guide Unlock Bootloader on Razer Phone
- Make sure you have ADB and Fastboot on your PC.
- Make sure you have Google USB Drivers on your PC.
- In your phone, go to Settings > About phone > Tap on the ‘Build number‘ 7 or 8 times until you see the message ‘You are now a developer‘.
- Go back to Settings > Developer options > Enable ‘USB Debugging‘ and ‘OEM Unlock‘.
- Go to the folder where ADB and Fastboot are installed on your PC. Open a command window from inside the folder: Hold down Shift Key + Right Click > Select ‘Open command window here‘ or ‘Open PowerShell window here‘.
- In your device, you will get a prompt asking ‘Allow USB Debugging’. Tap on ‘Always allow from this computer‘ and press ‘OK‘.
- On the command prompt in your PC, execute the below command to reboot your device into bootloader mode:
adb reboot bootloader
- Once you are in bootloader/download mode, you will see the Razer logo on your phone.
- Execute the below command on your command prompt to see if your device is properly connected via bootloader mode:
fastboot -i 0x1532 devices
If your device is properly connected, the above command will list your device in the command prompt, along with the device ID.
- Now, execute the below command in the command prompt to unlock bootloader of Razer Phone:
fastboot -i 0x1532 flashing unlock
- Once you execute the above command, you will get a prompt on your Razer phone to confirm bootloader unlock, as shown below:Use the Volume keys to navigate/select the ‘Yes‘ option and use the ‘Power Key‘ to confirm the selection.
- Your phone will now automatically reboot and will show the message ‘Your device is unlocked and cannot be trusted’ which means that your device is unlocked!
This is the easiest method to unlock bootloader of Razer Phone. Now you can install TWRP on Razer phone and start customizing your device!