Xiaomi has often been referred to as the budget king in the global smartphone market for its range of affordable value for money devices. The Chinese manufacturer has a long list of portfolios ranging from devices with MIUI to stock android, from entry-level Redmi branded devices to flagship Mi branded ones. The OEM makes its presence felt at all price segments. Though it was very well received by the customers globally, there were certain things that did not go well with the consumers like the MIUI interface over Stock Android, camera quality, irregular update schedules and many more. These complaints kept on coming with every new launch from Xiaomi till they launched the Mi A1 last year.
In a move that took many by surprise, Xiaomi launched the Mi A1 which is actually a rebranded Mi 5X for the global market. It was powered by a decent SoC, great pair of cameras and was a certified Android One device. This device fixed all the complaints Xiaomi had been receiving over the years. Owing to this, Mi A1 was a great success for Xiaomi and to continue its legacy forward, a couple of weeks ago, Xiaomi unveiled the successor to Mi A1, the Xiaomi Mi A2.
The Xiaomi Mi A2 packs in a 5.99 inch FHD+ IPS LCD panel in an 18:9 aspect ratio and is powered by the powerful Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 SoC and 4 or 6 GB of RAM with 32, 64 or 128 GB of internal storage. Like the Mi A1, the Mi A2 is an Android One certified device which means it will get 2 major Android updates and 3 years of security patches. On the back, the device houses dual cameras- a 12 MP primary f/1.8 lens with 1.25µm pixel size and PDAF; a 20 MP secondary f/1.8 lens with 1.0µm pixel size and a dual LED flash. On the front, selfies are handled by a 20 MP, f/2.2 camera with 1.0µm pixel size and a LED flash. The entire setup provides a perfect photography experience at its price segment and sometimes the pictures captured can be compared to the likes of OnePlus 6 and the Asus Zenfone 5Z.
If you are a Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro owner and are envied by the camera performance of the recently launched Mi A2, you can now download the camera app that powers the cameras on the Mi A2 and can have access to its image processing and AI features. For those who are not from India, Redmi Note 5 Pro is the Indian variant of the Redmi Note 5.
Download Mi A2 Camera App for Redmi Note 5 Pro
You can download the Xiaomi Mi A2 Camera App Port for Redmi Note 5 Pro by clicking below:
Install Mi A2 Camera App On Redmi Note 5 Pro
To install Mi A2’s camera app on your Redmi Note 5 Pro, follow these steps:
- Unlock the bootloader of the Redmi Note 5 Pro and install TWRP recovery a guide to unlock Redmi Note 5 Pro, visit the link appearing below.
- Download and install BuildProp Editor by JRummy Apps from the Google Play Store by clicking the link appearing below:
- Open the app from the app drawer and grant all the permissions that are asked for.
- After the app is opened, search for “camera”.
- Tap on the “persist.camera.HAL3.enabled.”
- Change the value from 0 to 1 and click on save.
- Reboot your phone now.
- Download the Mi A2 Camera Module from the downloads section above.
- Once your phone is rebooted, open the Magisk Manager app that you installed in step 1.
- Tap on the Menu icon in the top left corner.
- Tap on “Downloads.”
- Tap on the ‘+‘ icon appearing on the bottom of your screen.
- From the list of modules, search for the module that you downloaded some steps back.
- Once found, tap on the ‘Download icon’ at the corresponding right corner of the required module.
- Tap on ‘INSTALL‘ to install the respective Magisk Module on your device.
- Once you tap on install, the module will be flashed on your device and once the module is flashed, tap on ‘REBOOT‘ for it to take effect.
- After rebooting, open the camera app and grant all the required permissions.
Congratulations! You just got the Mi A2’s camera app installed on your Redmi Note 5 Pro.
This is one of the easiest ways to get Mi A2’s camera app on Redmi Note 5 Pro. Special thanks to XDA developers carlosggb and dan3840 for porting the app to Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro. I hope this article works the way it is intended to be. Let us know about your experience trying out the methods mentioned in this article in the comments section down below. In case I missed mentioning anything or if there is some topic which you want me to cover, please let me know in the comments section down below.