The camera quality of Nokia 7 Plus leaves a lot to be desired. In this article, we are going to make use of the modified Google Camera APK to take better pictures with the Nokia 7 Plus. Read ahead to know more and download Google Camera Mod for Nokia 7 Plus.
Last year, HMD Global entered the smartphone market by reviving the Nokia brand. These smartphones offered great build quality, a clean and smooth user interface, regular monthly updates and some fairly decent specifications. This year, at the MWC, HMD Global announced a lower midrange android one certified smartphone that seemed pretty interesting. It was launched in India in mid-April and has received some decent attention.
Like every other Nokia branded phone, the Nokia 7 Plus has a fantastic build, silky smooth user interface and the promise of regular updates for three years courtesy of Android One certification. It is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 which can be compared with Snapdragon 820 in terms of performance. 4 GB LPDDR4X RAM is in charge of multitasking skills. So, there is no compromise on performance. It has got a dual camera setup at the back comprising a 12 MP, f/1.75 primary lens with 1.4-micron pixel size and another 12 MP, f/2.6 telephoto zoom lens that offers 2x optical zoom.
On paper, the cameras look great. But the cameras have received some mixed opinions from many reviewers and Nokia 7 Plus owners. As it has decent camera hardware, there might be some issues with Nokia’s software processing. The camera app is the only app that Nokia has preloaded on this device except for necessary Google apps.
If you feel your Nokia 7 Plus has the same issue, read this complete article for the solution.
Nokia 7 Plus Google Camera Mod
Last year, Google unveiled the Pixel 2 series of smartphones which is still claimed to be the best camera on any smartphone by many people around the globe. Many credited the Google Camera app to do magic with image processing. In fact, it clicks the best portrait photographs when compared to any other smartphones that too with a single camera. Since then, many developers tried out different ports and modded versions of this app to make it eligible to run on other smartphones as well. These mods even worked great to click better pictures. So, it’s true that the Google Camera app can click better images but the problem is to find the right mod that can work perfectly with your device.
Download Google Camera Mod for Nokia 7 Plus
[11 July] Update: The download link has been updated with a working version of the Google Camera APK.
Among all the Google Camera Mod, I found this particular mod to work the best in clicking photographs with much better dynamic range, lesser noise and true to life colors. To download this modded app, go through the link mentioned below:
- Google Camera Mod for Nokia 7 Plus Updated | by Arnova 8G2
Install Nokia 7 Plus Google Camera Mod
To install this app, follow the steps written below:
- Download the app from the link mentioned in this article.
- Open Settings app and click on Security.
- From the list of options, enable “Unknown Sources”. By enabling it, you are authorizing your device to sideload APK files in your device.
- Go to the folder where the file you downloaded in step 1 is stored and install it.
- Once the installation is complete, grant all necessary permissions that are being asked and you are good to go.
These APKs don’t require any additional configuration, but, on top of the usual options (camera sounds, video resolution, etc) there are a few things you can change (explore the settings menu!):
- HDR+ parameters: “Default” is enough for most people. Higher settings may produce better photos, especially in hard conditions, but it takes more time to process.
- HDR+ image quality: Change the jpg compression (a lower value results in smaller files, but the quality is worse).
- HDR+ RAW+JPG: Save RAW files.
- Correction of auto-exposure HDR or Auto-Exposure: Controls shutter speed, not 100% stable. Works better in low light and with HDR enhanced enabled.
- HDR+ enhanced for portrait mode: Slower, but better portrait photos.
- Disable zoom in portrait mode: By default, it zooms in a bit.
- Use Nexus6P model: Photos with better details/sharpness (and noisier).
- Since slow motion doesn’t work on Oreo, you can hide the option from the menu:
Settings > Advanced > Fix Camera API2 > “Disable video slow motion”
Android Oreo users: if you can’t see your photos from inside Google Camera, go to “Debugging and tools”, uncheck “camera.use_photos” and restart the app.
Options/options names can be changed/removed depending on the version.
If you are facing issues and need help with troubleshooting/fixing the issues, visit the following page:Google Camera Issues and Fixes
So, these are the easiest ways to get Google Camera on Nokia 7 Plus. I hope that it will solve the issue of poor dynamic range and noisier low light images from the Stock Nokia Camera app. Let us know your thoughts on the Modded Google Camera app on your Nokia 7 Plus.