Download the Pixel 2 Boot Animation which can be installed on any Android device. The Google Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL are the latest addition to the Google’s own hardware lineup. Apart from making phones, Google has also started making many other consumer devices but still, the Pixel series is what gets most attention every year. Post the release of the phones, the Pixel 2 XL is receiving a lot of flak from the tech reviewers for having a bad display but that doesn’t seem to affect people’s judgment very much while buying the phones. Now, if you haven’t been paying attention, the Google Pixel series of smartphones does not ship with completely stock AOSP Android, nope. Google adds some nice colors and additional features to the Pixel series of phones on top of the stock Android. Plus, it does also ship with a custom Google boot animation which is a whole lot different from the AOSP boot animation. Today we are bringing you the Google Pixel 2 Boot Animation which can be installed on any Android device.
Recommended | Download Google Pixel 2 Font for All Devices
Google Pixel 2 Boot Animation
If you have noticed the boot animation of other devices, for example, Samsung, OnePlus or Xiaomi – they all day ‘Powered by Android’ at the bottom with the respective company’s logo at the top. Similarly, the Google Pixel 2 boot animation starts with the words ‘Google’ written in typical Google Logo colors and style and quickly animates to change into a colorful ‘G’ which looks pretty clean.
Backing Up Your Current Boot Animation
Before proceeding with the tutorial, it would be a good idea to backup your current boot animation so that you could always switch back if you don’t like the new one. Follow the below steps to backup your current boot animation:
- Open a root file explorer of your choice. We used the MiXplorer which is free to download: Price: Free
- Go to ‘/system/media‘.
- Rename the ‘bootanimation.zip‘ file to ‘bootanimation.zip.bak‘.
Done? Proceed to download and install the Pixel 2 Boot Animation.
Download and Install Google Pixel 2 Boot Animation
There are multiple ways to get the boot animation to your device. All of them are listed below, choose the one that fits your needs:
Method 1: Flashing through TWRP Recovery
If you have both the root and TWRP recovery, then choose this method.
- Download the flashable Google Pixel 2 Boot Animation from the below links: Download Pixel Boot Animation Download DARK Pixel Boot Animation
- Copy the downloaded Pixel 2 Boot Animation Zip file to your phone.
- Reboot your device into TWRP Recovery.
- Tap on Install > Choose the download file > ‘Swipe right to confirm flash’.
Method 2: Magisk Module [Only for 1080p Devices]
You can also get the Pixel 2 Boot Animation via a Magisk Module if that’s your cup of tea. Follow the below guide:
- Download the Pixel 2 Boot Animation Magisk Module: Download Pixel Boot Animation Magisk Module
- Open Magisk Manager App.
- Go to the ‘Modules’ section > Tap on the big yellow ‘+‘ at the bottom.
- You will be prompted to select the magisk module zip file. Select the downloaded zip file. and you will see the below screen:
- Once the installation completes, reboot your device.
Enjoy the fresh new Google Pixel 2 Boot Animation on your device!