Booting Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL into recovery mode could be a bit tricky. Recovery mode is an important part of an Android device. It is the first place you go to if there is something with your system and you couldn’t boot into OS. In this guide, you will learn how to boot Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL into Recovery Mode. (Stock and TWRP)
Recovery mode is one of the most important parts of an Android device. There may be situations when you would not be able to boot your device. Or you just notice some unusual behavior going on with your device. The first option that would be suggested by most guides on the internet is to boot your device into recovery mode and wipe it. Read ahead to know how to boot Pixel 2 into Recovery Mode.
Pixel 2 Recovery Mode
For any Android device, Recovery Mode is very important. Recovery Mode and Fastboot Mode combined could save your device if it ever gets bricked. Below are some of the uses of the Pixel 2 Recovery Mode:
- Wipe your device data completely.
- Apply system updates (via SD or Bootloader)
- Wipe cache.
While the above points may seem simple, they are actually very useful in many difficult situations. Read ahead to know how to boot Pixel 2 XL and Pixel 2 into Recovery mode:
Steps to Boot Pixel 2 into Recovery Mode
- Switch off your device.
- Press and hold the Power button and the Volume Down button at the same time.
- Your device will now boot into Fastboot Mode.
- Press the Volume Down Button until you see recovery mode.
- Press the Power Button to select it.
- You would see a splash screen with dead Android.
- Press and Hold Power Button and press Volume Up button to boot into the recovery mode.
Your Pixel 2 must now be in Recovery mode. Depending on the type of recovery you have, your Pixel 2 or Pixel 2 XL will boot into TWRP Recovery or Stock Recovery. The steps to boot into both the recoveries are same.