If you have been looking for a way to root Pixel 2, then this guide is just for you. Rooting your Pixel 2 or Pixel 2 XL opens the door for endless customizations. In this guide, we will tell you how to root Pixel 2 XL and Pixel 2 with Magisk. Magisk works great with Pixel 2. Read ahead to know how to install Magisk on Pixel 2 and root it easily.
Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL are the hottest devices money can buy right now. While there are many premium smartphones like Galaxy Note 8, HTC U11 and OnePlus 5T, there is something very special about the Pixel 2 duo. The amazing software experience. No Android device on the market right now can match the day to day performance and ease that the Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL offers. And then there is the out of the world camera which is currently rated as the best smartphone camera ever.
In this article, we will talk about the steps to root Pixel 2 and Pixel 2, so that you can take full control of your device. Rooting Pixel 2 comes with a lot of advantages. We shall talk about that and the steps to root Pixel 2, read ahead.
Root Pixel 2 XL and Pixel 2
Most of the flagship smartphones in the market right now come with 6 GB of RAM and a dual camera setup. On the other hand, Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL come with just 4GB of RAM and a single 12 MP camera. But, the results are way different than what you would think. Pixel 2 will beat most of the Android flagships in terms of device and camera performance. Want to know why? Pixel 2 is pure software magic.
By rooting your Pixel 2 or Pixel 2 XL, you can take this magical Pixel 2 experience to the next level. You can install a custom kernel, custom ROM, and various MODs available for Pixel 2. In this guide, we will see how to root Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL with Magisk. Here are some benefits of rooting your Pixel 2/XL with Magisk:
- You can install OTA updates.
- You can keep using Android Pay.
- You can enhance your Pixel 2 experience by installing various Magisk Modules.
Above are some of the major highlights of rooting Pixel 2 with Magisk but there is much more to it. Read ahead for the guide to root Pixel 2 with Magisk.
Steps to Root Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL with Magisk
- Download the latest version of Magisk: Stable or Beta
- Copy the download Magisk zip file to your Pixel 2 or Pixel 2 XL.
- Reboot your Pixel 2 TWRP recovery mode:
- Switch off your device.
- Press and hold the Power button and the Volume Down button at the same time till you are in Fastboot Mode.
- Press the Volume Down Button until you see recovery mode and press the Power Button to select it.
- You would see a splash screen with dead Android. Press and Hold Power Button and press Volume Up button to boot into the recovery mode.
- Tap on Install and select the Magisk Zip file you downloaded and swipe to confirm flash to install Magisk on Pixel 2/XL.
- Once the installation completes, reboot your device.
This is the easiest way to root Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL with Magisk. Now that you have Magisk installed, you may want to check out the below: