LG launched the G7 ThinQ in May 2018. The phone sports a 6.1 inch Quad HD+ IPS display in a 19.5:9 aspect ratio with a pixel density of 564 PPI. It is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 SoC clocked at 2.8 GHz and it comes with 6 GB of RAM. Internal storage is at 128 GB which can be further expanded up to 2 TB via a micro SD card. In the camera department, the LG G7 ThinQ packs a 16 megapixel (f/1.6) primary and a 16 megapixel (f/1.9) ultra wide lens on the rear and an 8-megapixel (f/1.9) front shooter for selfies. It runs on LG UX based on Android Oreo 8.0 and is juiced by a 3000mAh battery, which supports fast wireless and wired charging. It also features IP68 water and dust resistance rating and is even certified with the MIL-STD-810G military rating for durability.
It is advised to take an entire backup of your device as the process of installing stock firmware in your device will wipe out your phone’s entire memory. If your phone’s warranty is not void previously, the process stated here will not void your warranty.
Recommended: How to Create And Restore Nandroid Backup Using TWRP
- Make sure you have latest ADB and Fastboot tool installed on your Mac/Windows/Linux.
- You must have LG USB Drivers installed.
- You should have LG Flash Tools and LGUP Tool installed on your PC.
Download the Stock Firmware KDZ: G710EM10b_00_0521.kdz.
Steps To Install Stock Firmware On LG G7 ThinQ:
- Extract the LGUP tool rar file and search for the LGUP_common.dll. file. Once found, move it to C:Program Files (x86)LG ElectronicsLGUPmodelcommon. You need to create these folders if they do not exist previously.
- Now run the UPPERCUT_188.8.131.52.exe file. This can be found from the files that you extracted in step 1.
- Now, power off your LG G7 ThinQ and then hold the volume up button and connect your phone to your PC via a data cable. This will boot your phone into the download mode.
- If everything goes well, your phone will be detected by the LGUP tool and this can be found that from the file that you opened in step 2. If your phone is not detected repeat step 3 and the USB drivers.
- Drag and drop the downloaded stock firmware KDZ into the File Path section of LGUP tool. This file can be downloaded from the Download section of this article.
- Once you are done with the above step, click on start to begin the process of flashing the stock firmware. It may take some time and you must not disconnect the phone while the flashing process is being carried out. Once the process is over, your phone will reboot normally.
Steps To Relock The Bootloader Of LG G7 ThinQ:
- Enable USB debugging for your device from the Developers Option menu of the Settings app. The Developer Options can be accessed by going to the About Phone section and tapping on the Build Number 7 times or more.
- Navigate to the folder where ADB and Fastboot tools are installed on your PC. In the same folder, open the PowerShell Window.
- Now, type the following commands in the PowerShell Window to boot into bootloader mode, lock the bootloader and reboot.
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot oem lock
And you are done. Congratulations! You just installed the stock firmware and relocked the bootloader of your LG G7 ThinQ.
This is the easiest way to install stock firmware and relock the bootloader of the LG G7 ThinQ. I hope this article works the way it is intended to be. Let us know about your experience trying out the methods mentioned in this article in the comments section down below. In case I missed mentioning anything or if there is some topic which you want me to cover, please let me know in the comments section down below.