Before you get started…
- Unlocking bootloader will void your warranty.
- Unlocking bootloader will completely erase all the user data on your device. Please make a backup before proceeding.
Steps to Unlock Bootloader on Google Pixel 4 / Pixel 4 XL
- Download and install Pixel 4 USB Drivers:
- Download and install ADB and Fastboot on your computer using this tool: 15 Seconds ADB and Fastboot Installer
- Enable Developer Options on your Pixel 4: Go to Settings > Software Information > Tap on Build number continuously till you unlock developer mode.
- Enable USB Debugging on your Pixel 4: Go to Settings > Developer options > Enable USB debugging.
- Connect your device to the computer. Go to the folder where you have installed ADB and Fastboot on your computer (mostly C:adb) and open a command window from here:
Method 1: Go to the ADB and Fastboot folder. Hold down Shift Key. Right Click > Select ‘Open command window here’. [OR]
Method 2: Go to the ADB and Fastboot folder. Type ‘cmd‘ in the address bar.
- In the command prompt, enter the following command:
adb reboot bootloader
Note: If this is your first time connecting your device to your computer after USB Debugging is enabled, you might want to authorize your computer on your phone. You will get a pop up on your phone > Simply Allow it.
- Once you are in fastboot mode, execute the following command:
fastboot flashing unlock
After executing the above command, your phone should display a prompt. Press the Power Button to confirm!
After the above step, your device data will be wiped and your Pixel 4 bootloader will be unlocked. If your device does not reboot automatically, then execute the following command in the command prompt:
This is the easiest and official way to unlock Pixel 4 bootloader. Have any questions? Drop them below!