Facing issues with installing Xposed Framework on Pixel 2 or Pixel 2 XL? In this article, you would be able to download Xposed Framework for Pixel 2. Follow the instructions in this guide to install Xposed on Pixel 2 without any issues.
Xposed Framework is one of the reasons why people still like to root Android phones. With every passing day, the reason to root your Android device keeps getting lesser and lesser. Plus, Google is implementing a lot of new things with every version of Android which in turn makes the lives of developers even tougher. That is also exactly the case with bringing Xposed Framework for newer Android versions and devices.
Xposed for Oreo was released yesterday in the form of beta. But a lot of Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL users have been reporting issues when they try to install Xposed on Pixel 2. Today, we have the Xposed for Pixel 2 XL available for download. We also have a great guide on how to install Xposed Framework on Pixel 2.
Xposed for Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL
One of the major reasons why traditional installation methods did not work for Pixel 2 duo is because it follows A/B Partition system. You cannot install Xposed by flashing via TWRP or by installing the zip via Magisk Manager. Both methods will fail because Pixel 2’s internals are laid out a little differently than other Android devices we have seen so far.
Read the following guide to install Xposed Framework on Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL.
Download Xposed Framework for Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL
You can download Xposed Framework zip file for Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL by clicking below:
- Your device must have root and TWRP installed.
- Make a complete backup of your device before proceeding: Guide to Backup Android Device Without Root.
- Make sure you have enough battery on your device to survive the process.
Steps to Install Xposed Framework on Pixel 2 [XL]
- Make sure you have downloaded the necessary Xposed Installer Zip file from the downloads section above.
- Download and install the Xposed Installer v3.1.4 on your Pixel 2 or Pixel 2 XL: Download Xposed Installer v3.1.4.apk
- After installing the app, simply open it one and close it.
- Open a File Explorer of your choice and go to the following location:
Or the above could also be interpreted as:
You will most probably have the above folder structure on your device. If not, create it. Most probably you might need to create the ‘downloads‘ and ‘framework‘ folder; others would already be in place.
- Copy the downloaded Xposed Framework zip file inside the ‘framework‘ folder [the location mentioned in the above step].
- Open the Xposed Installer app > Tap on the ‘Settings‘ icon in the top right corner and select the ‘Show outdated versions‘ checkbox.
- Close the app and re-open it again.
- After re-launching the installer, click on the installer and select ‘install‘.
- The installer will automatically install Xposed Framework on Pixel 2. Once the process is done, reboot your device.
This is the easiest way to install Xposed Framework for Pixel 2 XL. Try out the different Xposed Modules on your Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL!